Monday 5 January 2015

Blogging for this year

I have been blogging since May 2007 with a goal to post about 3 or 4 times a month. Looking back at my archive for 2014 it seems I only manged to put up 19 posts, and one of those was written by my wife. This number was worst than 2013 where I put up 33 posts. So does this mean my blogging days are waning? Perhaps. Although if you count the posts I made on my development blog then that yearly count goes up.

In 2014 I became a father for the second time, finished off a Bachelor of Theology, finished off building a deck, pretended to be my boss for a month, stepped up to help with the IT things at my church, starting sitting on a small conference committee, helped with a possible new church community and did a bit of android development. These things combined meant blogging made its way down the list of things to do.

I have many posts that are still in draft, that may never see the light of day. Some are reviews of books that I read last year and never finished writing others are on an event or incident that may have been relevant at the time, but now are too far gone to be relevant. Since finishing uni I now feel free to read whatever I want and so I have finished three more books. I am not sure if they will all get their own review.

Last year my most popular post was an advert for an event I was helping to run. I am not sure what to make of that. I was also offered another free book to read on the church to review (which looked really good), but I was snowed under and didn't follow it up. That would have been my third free book in three years, but I only have myself to blame for not getting that one.

I am not sure of the direction this blog will take this year. I have updated the theme to be less distracting and simple. There will most likely be book reviews and I have a few series I want to finish and some other random posts I want to write, but I do not know what this year (or tomorrow) will bring.

So stayed turned, or unsubscribe or block me on social media. This is free content and so you get what you pay for. If you do stick around, thank you.

Related links
Blogging again - blog recap for 2013
Still blogging - blog recap for 2012

2 comments:

  1. That free book on the church should still be available if you do want to go ahead with that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stirl, that sounds great! I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete