Sunday 12 July 2009

Relaxing Reading

Hannah and I went away last week to Culburra Beach. It was a good relaxing time away. We went out for dinner one night, saw a movie another night, caught up with old beach mission friends another night and the place we stayed at had Foxtel so lots of Who's Line it is Anyway? and the ashes was watched. I also read a fair bit.

I finished off The Reason For God by Tim Keller. This is a great book. A review will follow soon on this blog.

I then got stuck into Volume Two of Truths We Confess by R.C Sproul about the Westminster Confession and also In My Place Condemned He Stood by J.I Packer and Mark Dever. Reviews will come with I get round to finishing these books...

I also read two chapters of my Intro to the New Testament textbook called Introducing the New Testament. These chapters shed some light on the genre of some books of the NT as well as the cultural settings and historical background of the first century in light of the Hellenistic conquest, the Roman Empire and the Jewish and response to these settings. It also talked about the social and power structures in these days in politics, church and family life.

I also read two (very) short chapters in The Portable Atheist which I will also respond to here soon.

So that is a little sneak preview as to what will come on this blog soon, depending on how fast I am at reading and writing, which to be honest might take a little while, maybe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment