Monday 17 November 2008

Close to the mark

An old Onion story made it to digg today. It was published 26th of September 2001 and is about God making himself clear that he didn't want any one to be murdered. It has some good quotes in it:

If a person tells you it's My [God's] will that they kill someone, they're wrong. Got it?

"I [God] guess I figured I'd left no real room for confusion after putting it in a four-word sentence with one-syllable words, on the tablets I gave to Moses. How much more clear can I get?"

News flash: 'God's will' equals 'Don't murder people.'

You people [Christians] believe in a Messiah who says, 'Turn the other cheek,' but you've been killing everybody you can get your hands on since the Crusades.


I bring this up now, as my team is getting persecuted in India. Christians were blamed for killing a Hindu leader and four others, when according to a catholic story another group had "repeatedly claimed responsibility for killings". I didn't think Hindus were violent at all, but I guess like all other religions they all have their extremest.

Some times people talk about religious (or non-religious) persecution in the western world and suffer things like people verbally telling them to go away or having someone think less of them, but that "persecution" kinda takes it away from the people in India who are been killed or having their houses burned and fleeing into the jungle. There are a few thousand people over there right now experience this. It is all kinda sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment