Wednesday 3 February 2010

Crazy Love

Crazy Love is a book by Francis Chan about God and our response to God. God has a crazy love for us, but do we in return have a crazy love for Him. Are we just coasting along in mediocrity saying we are committed to God, or do we really mean it? When we are in love, we do some crazy things, so why do Christians not respond or feel that way towards God? What would Christian lives look like, if they really did have a crazy love for God?

In this book Francis is trying to encourage Christians to live radical lives for Christ. He gives some examples about what a lukewarm person is like, and some examples of what an obsessed person for God is like. Francis challenges us with examples of people (including himself and his church's future development) who have made sacrifices and repeats the fact that these people are not extra ordinary, they are just normal people who have a love for God.

One thing that annoyed me about this book was that the first few chapters pointed me back to the books website to watch some complimentary chapter videos. I was on holidays away from the Internet when I was reading this book, so I couldn't do that; and besides I read books to get away from the computer. Apart from that one point, I did like the book. It was a challenging for me to become more faithful to the God who has saved me. Francis has plenty of bible verses to back up his case when he was kicking lazy people in the pants and from the sounds of it, he really does lead by example and does live a crazy sacrificial life for God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment